Offshore - Accra / GH - AA
· Operates marine systems and utilities safely, with minimal environmental impact and in compliance with legislation and the requirements of the Company’s HSEQ Management System
· Coordinates and supervises maintenance of all safety equipment including lifeboat, rescue boat, life rafts and work boats.
· Coordinates and supervises maintenance of all ballast/cargo tanks and cargo storage and offloading systems.
· Coordinates and supervises all Marine and Safety equipment related contractors / vendors.
· Prepares, plans, and monitors facility stability data and coordinates ongoing cargo tank loading.
· Supervises and coordinates all ballasting and deballasting operations.
· Carries out tank washing and gas freeing operations and supervises tank entry operations.
· Coordinates and carries out discharge of produced water from cargo/ballast tanks.
· Performs gas tests and isolations as per Permit to Work and Confined Space Entry permits.
· Carries out toolbox talks and HSE meetings as required.
· Maintains and be responsible for lifting gear register and crane log book.
· Supervises and coordinates maintenance of all facilities lifting equipment including export tanker toolbox/equipment, mooring hawser and associated equipment.
· Operates and performs tests on GMDSS equipment in accordance with SOLAS requirements.
· Carries out HLO duties as required. Carries out supervision/ monitoring of helicopter flight, landings and departures and compilation of information required for safe helicopter operations.
· Controls and manages the safe and efficient materials handling to/from supply vessels.
· Controls and manages all marine activities with respect to safe and efficient bunkering operation from supply vessels in conjunction with maintenance department.
· Assists in the training and development of Marine personnel as required.
· Prepares data for input to daily report.
· Monitors usage of consumables and liaises with materials coordinator with respect to departmental requisitions.
Qualifications & Experience
· A tertiary qualification and holds a valid STCW Management Level License (Class 1 Master Mariner Unlimited).
· Master Class 1 Certificate of Competency with oil tanker endorsement or equivalent Marine technical background with FPSO experience
· 8-10 years’ experience onboard crude oil/product carriers as Master Mariner, Chief officer, Mooring Master or Marine Supervisor of Offshore Facilities
· Thorough knowledge of FPSO marine practices, including deck operations, engine room activities, navigation, marine regulations, tank entry and inspection etc
· Previous experience with the hydrocarbons industry and FPSO’s is preferred, with a working knowledge of hydrocarbon operations, safety systems and permit to work procedures essential
· Understanding of relevant legislative requirements with respect to overall operation of FPSO’s inclusive of Principles and effects of loss stability and its control
· Strong marine operations knowledge in key areas such as: Marine Oil and gas terminals, oil tankers/gas carriers, FPSOs Marine Systems, Offloading Systems, Environmental protection, safety, reliability, efficiency and regulatory compliance issue: Auditing of offshore marine terminals including FPSO
· Proven management / supervisory skills and leadership and planning skills
· Maintenance Management systems Experience
· Maintenance/Production/Marine Operations experience
· Management of Major Emergency response duties/fire team trained