MODEC is a general contractor specializing in engineering, procurement, construction and installation of floating production systems including Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), Production Semi-Submersibles, Mobile Offshore Production Units (MOPUs) and other new technologies which will meet the challenges of various types of gas production floaters. We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Sr. Systems Engineer - Cloud position in our Houston office.
The Contract Sr. Systems Engineer - Cloud supports efforts to optimize performance in a multiple architecture environment. They will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Under general supervision, makes appropriate decisions to handle system errors that are either detected through monitoring and/or reported from the user community
· Uses judgment and must consistently demonstrate creativity and innovation to find solutions to multi-faceted and/or time sensitive, complex problems
· Must make timely decisions to handle downtime situations that could impact productivity as a result of system failures
· Support and maintain AWS Cloud Infrastructure environments
· Support and maintain Azure Cloud Infrastructure environments
· Support and maintain VMWare Infrastructure environments
· Develop and maintain PowerShell Scripts to automate day to day tasks in the Cloud
· Support and maintain Enterprise Monitoring Infrastructure (Logic Monitor)
· Provide recommendations for optimizing existing Cloud deployments
· Provide expertise in troubleshooting virtualization and OS performance issues
· Implement Cloud testing and migration plans set by Infrastructure Architect
· Support and maintain MS Windows and Linux server Infrastructure in Cloud and On-prem
· Carry out regular checks on the status of servers from a hardware and software standpoint
· Develop and maintain documentation for covering installations, procedures and configuration of systems
· Handle escalation support from Desktop Services and server related issues.
· Completing service requests from customers in the form of change requests.
· Work closely with the IT Infrastructure Architect to provide the day to day technical leadership.
· Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
· Adheres to all MODEC IT governance and recommends updates to governance as the IT environment evolves.
· Follows and advocates change management procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience Required
· Minimum of 10 years of related work experience required
· Must demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
· Must exhibit initiative to bring project to fruition with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to fulfill responsibilities after normal business hours when necessary
· Must have the ability to handle many diverse tasks simultaneously
· Understanding of the enterprise business and process; business unit functions and cross-group dependencies / relationships
· Ability to conduct and prepare feasibility studies, develop client proposals; including estimates for costs, time and resources, prepare statistical reports, and complete cost/benefit analysis
· Experience with the following software and technology:
o AWS and Azure Cloud administration
o MS Windows and Linux servers
o PowerShell Scripting and Automation
o Nutanix and AHV within a VMWare environment
o Nutanix and AHV within an AOS environment
o Infrastructure Enterprise Monitoring
o Logic Monitor is a plus
o Cisco Switches and Routers is a plus
o SCMM, SQL, Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, WINS, and DHCP
o General knowledge of Citrix Cloud is a plus
MODEC International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.