Xerpa is re-inventing the HR industry in Brazil, employing technology and user-centric design to make complex, bureaucratic labor processes more intuitive and digital. While we are a technology company, what we do ultimately affects how people are paid, interact with their employer and receive benefits. We are an early stage startup funded by Kaszek Ventures, Redpoint e.ventures and two of the founders of Nubank.
At Xerpa, we are building a diverse and global team of the highest caliber with deep experience from various fields (engineering, product, human resources, finance, sales & marketing). Our team has a perennial mandate to challenge the status quo and re-define Human Resources in Brazil.
We are looking for backend software engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices.
- Create elegant and useful solutions to solve complex business problems
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems, creating awesome Human Resources platform
We’re looking for people who:
- 3+ years experience developing web applications. Medium-to-large, multi-tiered web applications
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases and SQL
- knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems
- Experience with Elixir is a bonus
- You have interest in functional programming
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Work alongside incredibly bright people dedicated to a high-impact cause
- Casual environment without a dress code
- Work from our awesome office in Pinheiros, São Paulo, Brazil
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.